April 7, 2010

Carolina Herrera - Spring Preview - Artfully Masterful

Have you missed us??? I am soooooo sorry my fellow bloggers! I am working on a last minute project for a wedding in South Carolina right now and it is just absorbing all of my time! It's going to be great and I cannot wait to share it with you next week but WOW! I hope I can make it up to you with a FANTASTIC post and the info I found to share with you today MIGHT JUST DO THAT! I am going to share with you the LATEST AND GREATEST from the one, the only... Carolina Herrera! Let me tell you... It's pretty incredible!

Herrera’s Spring 2010 bridal collection pays homage to some of the world’s most inspiring artists. Inspirations from Vincent Van Gogh, Monet, Matisse, Degas and Goya are just a few artists who are all evident in this fashion-forward bridal collection that debuted at Tiffany & Co.’s 5th Avenue location in New York City.

The collection’s meticulous detailing was quite apparent with Van Gogh’s sunflowers shown in taffeta ruffles, Monet’s water lilies hand painted onto English tulle, and Matisse’s paper cutouts transformed into duchess satin leaves. Striped grosgrain ribbon detailing, gold straw hats and cathedral veils all added to the nostalgic styling of the collection. From bustles to corsets all accessorized with Tiffany & Co. diamond rings and jewelry, the Carolina Herrera Spring 2010 bridal gown collection exemplifies the meaning of couture.

Take a look...



The dresses? Inspired by the greatest artists, who in their own work have displayed elements of fashion, Carolina Herrera blew our bridal minds out of the water! Here are five of my favorites, attached to work from the artists said to have inspired the collection.


Dress #1: A Vincent van Gogh inspired floral jacquard dress with ruffle applique’. This is SUPER interesting. I bet it is GORGEOUS in person...





Dress #2: This Monet inspired strapless tulle ball gown incorporates hand-painted water lilies. ISN'T THIS GORGEOUS??? It's SUPER subtle but just really pretty. It reminds me a little of the dress that Rachel McAdams wore to the Oscars... but more descrete!!






Dress #3: Every ballerina knows the work of Degas…but Carolina took his work to a whole new level. This ribbon strapped, tulle point d’esprit dress is breathtaking. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I would do a different colored sash but this really is just sooo pretty! One thing you have to know about Carolina is that she ALWAYS has a gown with polka dots... Of course, if you know me, I love this! One of her infamous polka dot dresses was featured in Martha Stewart weddings in 2007 and people were obsessed with it. The unfortunate thing was though that once the magazine was finally published and printed, the dress was no longer available and had been replaced with a new design that just wasn't as special... This one, however, is VERY SIMILAR! I guess Carolina listened to us... :)






Dress #4: Edouard Manet is channeled through this strapless ivory and black rose fils coupe’ gown with a blue taffeta bow. This too is gorgeous and would be stunning paired with a BIG fuschia pink bouquet! And... maybe some precious pink peep toe slingbacks! WHOO HOO!!!





Dress#5: Last, but not least, this was the absolute show-stopper! This ivory off-the-shoulder gown, adorned with black lace applique’ and a small coral bow (inspired by Diego Velasquez) is perfect for the most eclectic & daring bride! I LOVE THIS!!! WOW!!! RIGHT??? It's daring but what a statement!!!





Each piece in this collection was truly magical, and I’ve never seen a more beautiful living interpretation of art... I just love the connection between the pieces. There is nothing better than when a designer channels art. It is soooo moving! Plus, how special is it that your wedding dress has a story... Something you can share with your guests along with your family for years to come... It's just so special! Until next time...

And, I PROMISE... next time will be TOMORROW! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment